Before initiating a claim:
- Contact the merchant first, as they may resolve your claim faster (we may also require information from the merchant in order to process a claim, so contacting them directly may save you time). Merchants can resolve charge errors within a few days, where it can sometimes take banks weeks to resolve.
- Only posted transactions can be disputed (pending charges are temporary and may change). Only a merchant can cancel your pending transaction.
- Most transactions must be disputed within 60 days of the date the error appeared.
How long will it take to resolve a dispute?
- Keep in mind, disputes are often resolved more quickly if you contact the merchant first. The time it takes to resolve your dispute depends on the type of dispute and the merchant, but it may take up 90 days.
Filing a dispute
NOTE: If you see unauthorized transactions in your account, immediately mark your card as lost or stolen. We will then send you a replacement card and you will be able to use your virtual card in the interim.
To file a dispute, please contact us by submitting a help request here. We'll ask you to provide the following information to help us process your request as quickly as possible:
- Reason for the dispute
- Disputed transaction(s) date
- Disputed transaction(s) amount
- In some cases, we may ask you to send us documents or records of the charge in order to bolster your case. If you’d like to get a head start, please attach any documentation— such as emails, letters, invoices, receipts, contracts, or any other documents you think would be helpful in the dispute investigation