Knowing why your card was declined and what steps you can take to prevent it from happening will help ensure your next transaction goes through without any problems.
Here are some common reasons why cards may be declined:
- Your physical debit card is not activated
- Your card is assigned to a Pocket with insufficient funds
- Card Status is set to Blocked
- Incorrect zip code, expiration date, or CVV entered
- Zip code on One account does not match the zip code with the merchant
- You have reached our daily spending limit
- The card has not been inserted or swiped once prior to attempting Tap to Pay for the first time
- The card is being used at/with gambling institutions
- Pocket has insufficient funds to cover authorization for gas purchase
Please note that many gas stations require up to $150 to be available before pumping gas. If this is the case, you should be able to pay for gas inside the gas station since you would be choosing a specific amount to spend. You can find more information on this here.
If your card is still getting declined, please contact our Support Team here.